SATURDAY, JULY 3, 2021! FIREWORKS OVER THE LAKE hosted by the City of Detroit, DLRABA, and the Detroit Lake Foundation. “A Hometown Revival”.
FRIDAY, July 2:
• 6pm – BBQ (Hamburgers and Hot Dogs) at Detroit City Park. Fundraiser, $10 donation/person, to benefit Detroit community-based projects. Live Band, Beer Garden (cost of beverages additional).
SATURDAY, July 3:
• 8-9am (or until gone) – FIRE DEPARTMENT PANCAKE FEED at Detroit City Park. Fundraiser. Donations to help the Detroit/Idanha Fire Department.
• 11am – Staging for PARADE at Detroit City Park.
• Noon – PARADE begins, and will loop through town starting at the Detroit City Park.
• 3-5pm KICKBALL TOURNAMENT at Detroit City Park. $15 adults $8 for kids. Each registrant will receive a T-shirt.
• 10pm or Dark – FIREWORKS OVER LAKE!
One of the highlights of the summer at Detroit Lake is our famous Fireworks Display. It is always held the closest Saturday to Independence Day, and is a terrific summer activity for the whole family. The fireworks start about 10pm and can be viewed from all over town, from trails on the mountain tops, or you can find a spectacular view from a boat anchored on the Lake.
The Festivities last all weekend long. Sparklers, firecrackers, games, boating, swimming, and water sports are all favorite activities. Family barbecues are enjoyed all around town. And dancing at one of our community gathering spots to live music is always a highlight of the Holiday weekend.
We have so much to offer at Detroit’s Independence Day celebration, be sure to put it on your calendar, you won’t want to miss out.